Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Tis the Season

I love the Christmas season. My home is decorated with love and cheer. Now I can watch Christmas movies and Brian won't make fun of me. I have almost finished my Christmas shopping and the girls are so excited about all of the coming events.

We sold our house in OKC and closed on it last month. My wonderful husband has given me "permission" to quit my job if I want to. It feels wonderful to have that freedom. I think I'll probably do one or two cases a month just because it's easy money. But, it is great to have a choice now. It's probably one of the best Christmas presents ever.

Our church life is good right now. I'm finally starting to feel comfortable and I am getting to know the women in the church. Our family seems to fit in well with the people and they seem to appreciate Brian. The town is decorated for Christmas and we got to participate in a town-wide holiday open house. Life in a small town - new experiences, lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. First of all your picture is SO cute! You look great!!! Second, congrats on the house! I have been wondering if you closed and everything went okay. Looking back, isn't it amazing at how God works things out in HIS timing? I'm sure you feel relieved and I'm thrilled for you. It's been a long time coming. Not to mention: YOU GET TO QUIT YOUR JOB??? How fantastic is that? I know it's hard to give up "easy" money, but maybe it will be more enjoyable now that you don't put food on your table with that money. I'm glad everything is going well for you guys!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete