Monday, February 16, 2009

It's a Jungle Out There...

I have recently started watching the show, "Monk". I am really starting to appreciate the theme song. It's the struggle between what you want to believe and what reality really is. It makes me smile just to think of the words. Personally, I feel that I'm trying to find my way out of a jungle. I can definitely think of better times than the one I am living in right now. I want to believe that the world is full of nice people, but it's not. I want to believe that everything will work out the way I think it should, but it doesn't. I want to believe that I'm doing OK and things are normal, but, as anyone who knows me can testify, that's never been true.

I have been reading about the Israelites and their journey through the wilderness. There are a few things that reassure me from their experience. One, there is a path to follow. Almost three years ago, Brian and I set out on a path. We didn't know where it would take us, but we knew we were supposed to follow. Two, God is a God of detail and order. The attention He paid to the smallest detail regarding the temple and its furnishings reassures me that everything has a place in His plan. Three, He was in constant communication and was available to answer questions. This tells me that God is not too busy to reassure me when I need it. And believe me, lately I've needed a lot of reassuring. Because of His plan for my life, I can live in the jungle as long as He wants me, too. I can not only live, but survive and thrive if I let Him work through me.

While things aren't as good for us right now as I had hoped, we haven't been abandoned by God. We get to see our family at least once a week. We still have a loving church family. I have a Bible study group to be a part of. My children are learning. They get to enjoy PE with other homeschooled children. My family enjoys good health. There are so many ways that God proves His love for me. Do you let Him prove His love for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment