Sunday, February 1, 2009

Living Beyond My Means

Can you believe it? It is already February! I thought that I would have had exciting news to share with you, but alas, I do not. I can share some of what God has been telling me. On Friday, as I'm driving home from an appointment (and stressing about our finances), I asked God to help me find my One Year Chronological Bible. I had been looking for it off and on for several months and had run out of places to look. Well, Saturday morning dawns and I am hit by a burst of energy, so I decide to clean out my closet. Scaaaarrry! As I am digging around and pulling things out, I come across a basket and there is my Bible!!

After I finished cleaning the closet, I sat down to read the scripture for January 31. I found myself in Job 40:6 - 42:17. As I'm reading, I came across one of my favorite verses. Job 42:5, where Job is resonding to God's challenge, "I had heard about You before, but now I have seen You with my own eyes." I love this verse because I feel it everytime I go through a trial. The reading continues with God blessing Job with twice what he had taken away and with the birth of ten more children. In this group of verses, God promised me that he would give us a ministry that will be twice what we have ever experienced.

Brian and I have recently had a few discussions prompted by a church billboard we passed. It said, "Living beyond your means is the worst feeling in the world". Well, I can tell you that Brian and I both believe that living without Jesus is the worst feeling in the world. As we talked, we started talking about the fact that in Christ, we live beyond our means all the time. Through Christ, we are able to live an abundant life beyond anything we are capable of. God has told us that He will soon bless us with a ministry. It will be more than anything we can imagine and it will be more than we can handle alone. We will be like Job, whom God restored and richly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment