Friday, October 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home/Prayer Requests

We're home! I am so glad to be back. We have taken a family trip to Branson for the last three years. This year's trip was harder than any of us expected. We are coming off of three deaths and Patrick is on a business trip to Boston so there were two people missing this year. My grandma had a CAT scan yesterday where they are looking for liver cancer so my mom was on edge. However, we couldn't have asked for the weather to be prettier or more comfortable. The kids seemed to have a great time. And, last but definitely not least, we are safe.

Prayer Needs:
I am starting my yearly bout with depression early this year. It doesn't usually hit me until sometime in November, but I've been fighting it for the last few weeks already. I'm sure it's due to the lack of a church to serve in and to the loss of Jacob. I miss him terribly. I try not to dwell on it, but memories will pop up and it's all I can do not to cry out loud. I was looking through my pictures for backgrounds and came across pictures I forgot I had taken. One day when Jacob was at my house, he got "stuck" in my bed. The look on his face was priceless. I try to remember the happy things, but right now all of my memories have a bitter-sweet taste.

It is possible that my grandma has liver cancer. My mother lost her father on the same day that we lost Jacob. It would be really hard if we lost Grandma this year, too. I know that God will not send us anymore than we can stand and I'm truly glad that we can lean on Him. I keep holding to the promises He gives and asking Him to show me their fruition.

Brian was contacted by a local church and will be going to talk to them on Tuesday. So that is a bit of encouraging news. I really need something tangible to look forward to right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment