Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mean Old Men are . . . MEAN!

I swear, I hate my job sometimes. What has happened to politeness? I had an old man, the father in one of my cases, send me a hateful email. Just because I had not been able to supply an email to him because I was waiting on info from a reader. He actually threatened me saying, " I will not hesitate to take it to a 'higher' authority." Well, bite me! It was his own supervisor's fault that the case took so long to finish!

I am seriously going to need to watch my mouth and attitude Monday night when I meet with this family. I sent back a polite email explaining the situation and apologizing (didn't really mean it, though). Brian thought that my response was appropriate, so hopefully I won't antagonize him further. It wouldn't have taken him any more effort to be polite than to be ugly. Arghh!! I hate it when people are mean for no real reason. I was tempted to inform him that I do not work on the weekends, just like he doesn't. Oh well, like I keep telling my children, we are not responsible for the actions of others, but for our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment