Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Who am I?

My name is Ginna. I was born and raised in Oklahoma City, OK. My parents, George and Helen, have been married for more than forty years. I have one sister, Tracy (my older sister), who is married to Patrick. I have one bio-niece, three bio-nephews, one adopted nephew, one foster nephew (soon to be adopted) and one foster niece (soon to be adopted).

I began dating my husband, Brian, at the beginning of my sophomore year in college. He was a senior at Oklahoma Baptist University. We were married in March 1995, nineteen months after our first date (August 13 - a Friday!). Four years later, we had our first child, Kadie. Twenty months after that, we had our second daughter, Paige. I finished my Bachelor's degree in Family and Childhood Development in 2002 (took me ten years - but I got it!) when my youngest was twenty months old. I was then able to throw myself into being a full-time mommy and wife. Two and a half years ago, my husband left his position as associate pastor and went to work for my dad, building houses. He was working on his seminary degree and found that the stress of ministry, family and school were detrimental to his health and happiness. (Not to mention my sanity!) At that time, I also started to do homestudies that are used by DHS to approve families to adopt or foster children.

For the last five years I have homeschooled my children, Kadie (age 9) and Paige (age 7), with the support and help of my wonderful husband, Brian. As a couple, we have been involved in ministry for the last fifteen years. My husband as a youth minister and associate minister and me as an extremely active minister's wife. For the last two and one-half years, we have not served on the staff of a church while Brian finished his Master's degree.

We have recently come to a new curve in the road God has given us to travel - Where will He want us to serve now that we are equipped? Brian completed his seminary degree in May 2008. We have been contacted by a few churches, but are still in the beginning stages of finding the church that is for us. For me personally, this is very frustrating because I have no outlet for my ideas and energy! And I can't plan!! I am excited about what God is doing but it is hard to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment